Ensure that lawmakers in Minnesota's political parties make safe, affordable homes for all a priority by submitting a caucus resolution. Parties vote on submitted resolutions, and if a resolution is passed, the party considers it for incorporation into their legislative platform.
Submitting a resolution is simple, and it's a key step in advancing Homes for All's legislative agenda for 2020 and beyond, helping to ensure that all Minnesotans have a safe and affordable place to call home.
Here's how you can take action today:
- Download the Minnesota Republican or Minnesota DFL resolution form. Find information from other Minnesota political parties here.
- Complete the form. Include the following resolution language: "Prioritize solutions to our housing crisis, including:
- Dramatically expanding resources for affordable homes, rental and homeownership, including protecting public housing and preserving what is affordable today
- Protecting the rights of renters, balanced with the rights of property owners
- Preventing displacement and providing stability, with adequate shelter, emergency services, and housing supports for the needs of all Minnesotans."
- Attend the party caucus of your choice for your precinct on Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. Find your caucus location
- Propose your resolution:
- Stand to be recognized by the chair and say, “I move that this precinct support the following resolution."
- Read the resolution.
- If the resolution passes, hand the document to the Caucus Chair which will then be forwarded appropriately for consideration at the district and/or state levels.
Check out this article to learn more about how resolutions become part of a party's political platform. And, read more on the process from the Minnesota DFL and the Minnesota Republican parties. Find information from other Minnesota political parties here.