Homes for All MN is hosting a Tweetchat to rally support for affordable housing during the fall election season — and we’d like to invite you to be a co-host and/or participate!
Don’t worry; it’s simple! A Tweetchat is just a specific time period during which we focus our conversation around a particular topic and hashtag to raise awareness and visibility. On Wednesday, September 5 from 11am-12pm, we’ll join forces, calling on advocates across the state to #Vote4HomesMN and urging candidates to invest in affordable housing.
Our Tweetchats typically capture more than 100,000 impressions on social media — and this chat is particularly important ahead of the September 12 Homes for All gubernatorial housing forum, “Foundation for Our Future: Housing as an Economic Driver” (Register here!). As we enter the peak of the fall election season, we need candidates for public office to understand how critical affordable housing programs are and make #Homes4AllMN a priority in the next legislative session. Please note that both the Tweetchat and the gubernatorial forum are non-partisan events and that no candidates or political parties will be supported or endorsed during either event.
Will you join us by committing to be on Twitter during the chat? Here are some questions that we’ll use during the chat to keep the conversation flowing:
- What would you like candidates for public office to know about the housing needs in your community?
- How can more stable and accessible affordable housing benefit you and your community?
- What questions on affordable housing do you want discussed at the #Home4AllMN housing forum?
- Why should housing be a priority issue for candidates for public office?
- Alliance Housing
- American Heart Association of MN
- Catholic Charities
- CommonBond Communities
- Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers
- Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless
- Minnesota Housing Partnership
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity
If you can join us as a co-host — actively participate during the Tweetchat and invite those in your network to contribute as well! — please send a primary contact to Rose or Laura (below).
Again, here are the details!
What: #Vote4HomesMN Tweetchat
Date: Wednesday, September 5
Where: On Twitter with hashtag #Vote4HomesMN and #Homes4AllMN
The Homes for All communications team will be gathering at the Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers (3137 Chicago Ave, Minneapolis) to Tweet in person. Please feel free to join us!