We are excited to announce the Homes for All Week of Action! The legislative session started and it’s time to advocate. Over the coming months, lawmakers will put together a new state budget. Important decisions will be made that affect thousands of Minnesotans who need a stable, affordable place to live.
Your legislators need to hear from you! Please join Homes for All as we kick off the legislative session with a Week of Action.
Tuesday, January 17 - Midday TweetChat
- Join us for a midday TweetChat! We’ll be live on Twitter at 11:30 a.m. Be part of a statewide social media discussion about housing needs and the upcoming session. Follow the conversation and join in on Twitter using our hashtag: #MNHousingWeek
- Take action to stay connected with Homes for All this session. Like us Facebook, sign up for updates, and download materials: www.homesforallmn.org/advocacy.
Wednesday, January 18 - Reach out to Governor Dayton
- The Minnesota Housing Partnership will release its first State of the State report, highlighting housing needs throughout the state.
Thursday, January 19 - Invite Your Lawmaker on a Housing Tour
- Homes for All is offering housing tours for lawmakers in-district and near the Capitol (10am - 2pm). This is a great way for legislators to see the impact of housing investments with their own eyes.
- Minnesota State Capitol Join Voices for Racial Justice in the Capitol rotunda to lift up a new vision for our community. We will celebrate Our Minnesota: A Shared Vision for an Equitable State. This document is the product of bringing together community members to discuss what needs to happen to close the gaps, build wealth and make our state a great place for people of color to thrive. Learn more and RSVP here.
Friday, January 20 - Statewide In-District Day of Action/Housing for All Minnesotans Day
Legislators will be back in their districts on January 20. Throughout the state, advocates will be taking action in their districts. Here are a few things you can do to participate in statewide in-district actions:
- Invite your legislators for coffee to share local housing concerns and your support for Homes for All
- Invite your legislators to tour your housing agency or homeless shelter
- Hold a “Popcorn and Postcards” event to write letters and postcards to legislators
- Send a letter to your legislators voicing your support for Homes for All and have everyone in your office, family, faith community, or civic group sign it