Advocates! We need you! Take action with us with a Twitterstorm on Tuesday, 2/18/20, from 11 am - 12 pm. Find more details below.
WHAT IS A TWITTERSTORM?
A Twitterstorm is simply a short period of time during which advocates join together to send a high volume of tweets on a specific topic. We will prepare tweets for you (found below) and you can copy and paste them throughout the hour, or schedule your tweets in advance. You can also create your own tweets and use the hashtags below to keep us together. Please retweet and “favorite” tweets as they are sent out, even if they are tweets you’ve posted already!
Build momentum around the 2020 legislative session and the Homes for All legislative agenda!
We'll do this by:
- Favoriting, retweeting, and posting the prepared tweets for the full hour
- Using LAWMAKER in our tweets
- Using the following hashtags in your tweets: #Homes4AllMN; #mnleg; #Bonds4Housing; @PaulGazelka; @SusanKentman; @MelissaHortman; @KDaudt
- Including the link to our Action Alert in every tweet: https://bit.ly/32VmI0Q
What: Twitterstorm to encourage the Governor and Lt Governor to put $500M for the housing continuum in the bonding bill. Find a list of sample tweets below, and always direct to our Action Alert: https://bit.ly/32VmI0Q
When: Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Hashtags/Tags/Action Alert: #Homes4AllMN #Bonds4Housing #mnleg @PaulGazelka @SusanKentMN @MelissaHortman @KDaudt https://bit.ly/33ZOr1I
Who: YOU! Please join us and invite your followers/friends to join as well.
SAMPLE TWEETS to Copy/Paste:
- Help Homes for All start the session off strong with a Week of Action! Join us for our Metro kick-off, our first hearing, contacting lawmakers & more! Follow the link to see all Week of Action events: https://bit.ly/3bzTB8z #Homes4AllMN #mnleg #Bonds4Housing
- The 2020 Legislative Session is here! Join Homes for All in supporting the full housing continuum with our largest bonding bill request yet: $500Million in #Bonds4Housing. #mnleg #Homes4AllMN
- More than half a million Minnesota families pay more than they can afford for homes, and that number is continuing to grow. We need #Bonds4Housing #Homes4AllMN #mnleg @PaulGazelka @SusanKentMN @MelissaHortman @KDaudt
- Safe and secure public housing is an essential part of the housing continuum. #Bonds4Housing will allow us to repair and modernize Minnesota’s public housing so residents can live safely and with dignity. #Homes4AllMN #mnleg @PaulGazelka @SusanKentMN @MelissaHortman @KDaudt
- Housing is a social justice issue. The 2018 Wilder survey found that African Americans, American Indians & LGBTQ youth are especially over-represented in MN's homeless population. We need #Bonds4Housing so ALL Minnesotans have access to affordable housing. #Homes4AllMN #mnleg @PaulGazelka @SusanKentMN @MelissaHortman @KDaudt
- Housing is a workers’ rights issue. Almost a third of Minnesotans experiencing homelessness are employed, and 13% work full-time. We need affordable housing to support Minnesota’s working families. #mnleg #Bonds4Housing #Homes4AllMN
- Please be bold and support the continuum of safe and quality housing with $500 million in your bonding package. #Homes4AllMN #mnleg #Bonds4Housing @PaulGazelka @SusanKentMN @MelissaHortman @KDaudt
- To make our communities strong, we need Homes for All. #Homes4AllMN #mnleg #Bonds4Housing @PaulGazelka @SusanKentMN @MelissaHortman @KDaudt
- PACK THE ROOM! Join our hearing TOMORROW 2/19 from 8am - 9:30am in Room #200 of the State Office Building (SOB). #Homes4AllMN #mnleg #Bonds4Housing
- We need your leadership for safe, affordable homes in Minnesota. Please support $500M in housing bonds. #Homes4AllMN #mnleg #Bonds4Housing @PaulGazelka @SusanKentMN @MelissaHortman @KDaudt
- Kick off the legislative session with us at our H4A Legislative Kick-Off! TODAY 2/18, 4pm-6pm @ Catholic Charities Dorothy Day Place (422 Dorothy Day Pl, St. Paul, MN) or streaming on the Homes for All Facebook page. #Homes4AllMN #MNleg #Bonds4Housing
- There isn’t one kind of housing that fits the needs of every Minnesotan. Join us for Homeless Day on the Hill on March 11, 2020 and advocate for affordable housing! Register here: https://conta.cc/2O7iSgm #Homes4AllMN #mnleg #Bonds4Housing @PaulGazelka @SusanKentMN @MelissaHortman @KDaudt